Share to social media using #ISOTY2020
Welcome to the Independent Schools of the Year 2020 virtual awards.
The awards premiered at 3pm (BST) on Thursday 8th October 2020.
Independent Schools of the Year 2020 is an awards scheme run by the Independent School Parent portfolio of magazines to celebrate the success stories of schools and their students across the independent education sector in the UK and British schools overseas. Showcasing the excellence of the educational experience available to students of all backgrounds, these awards recognise and applaud the varied and imaginative ways in which independent schools prepare young people for their future lives.
The awards are free to enter for all independent schools which are members of an association in membership of the Independent Schools Council*. The 21 award categories, including the new award for the Overseas Campus of the Year,, have been designed to reflect the breadth and diversity of life in an independent school in the 21st century and are intended to acknowledge the contribution these often long-established institutions make to both their local communities and wider society in today’s world.
The awards will be chaired once again by Dr Helen Wright, international education adviser and past Vice Chair of the ISC, supported by a panel of judges which includes leading Head Teachers and representatives of the professional associations, including:
- Dr Helen Wright, International Education Advisor and past Vice Chair of the ISC
- Charlotte Avery, Headmistress, St Mary’s School Cambridge
- Colin Bell, CEO, COBIS
- Andrew Fleck, Principal, Sedbergh School, Cumbria
- Robin Fletcher, Chief Executive, Boarding Schools’ Association
- Tory Gillingham, Managing Director, AMCIS
- Jim Massey, Headmaster, Daneshill School
- David Moncrieff, Chair, Editorial Advisory Board, Independent School Parent
- James Priory, Headmaster, Tonbridge School
- Julie Robinson, General Secretary, ISC
- Peter Tait, Educational writer and former Head of Sherborne Prep School, Dorset
- Philippa J. Scudds, Director of Marketing and Communications, Canford School, Dorset
- Sue Woodroofe, Principal, The Grammar School at Leeds
- Peter Young, School Governor
Thank you to our Headline Sponsor Brewin Dolphin