This award is given to a student or other member of the wider school community who had made a noteworthy but largely understated contribution to the success of their school.
Candidates for the award must be nominated by their school and each entry must be supported by a testimonial from the Head Teacher along with any necessary agreement from the individual concerned (and their parents or guardians where appropriate)
The entry should:
- Narrate and contextualise the contribution of the nominated individual
- Describe how the nominee played an integral yet understated part in making the life of their school ‘tick’
- Explain why – and how – the contribution of the nominee has helped to create a happy environment where students can thrive
- Demonstrate the impact of the contribution of the nominee
- Present a picture of life at the school which communicates a sense of the essential values and energy of the school community.