- Applications must relate to activity primarily undertaken in the 2020-21 academic year.
- Entrants must warrant the validity of the claims made and the facts provided in their entry forms.
- Entrants confirm that they are independent schools which are members of an association in membership of the Independent Schools Council*.
- In providing information and images in support of their application, entrants agree that the publishers of the Independent School Parent portfolio may use the materials provided to promote the awards and to feature the stories told in Independent School Parent magazine and associated guides and websites; thereby they warrant that all the necessary permissions have been obtained. Schools may withdraw their permission for Independent School Parent to use awards nomination information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrants must accept the decision of the Judging Panel as final and binding.
- Nominations will open on 18 March 2021 and close on 28 May 2021.
- Schools may enter more than one award category. Each entry must be submitted using a separate nomination form and should be tailored to address the criteria set out for the appropriate category.
- The Independent School of the Year award cannot be entered as a standalone category and instead will be selected from one of the winners of the other categories (excluding the Rising Star of the Year and the Unsung Hero of the Year awards).
- The winner of The Rising Star of the Year award will be decided by the Independent School Parent magazine’s editorial and publishing team and the Unsung Hero of the Year award by the senior management team of the Chelsea Magazine Company.
- Independent School Parent reserves the right to re-allocate entries into relevant categories if deemed appropriate; you will be notified of any changes.
- Independent School Parent reserves the right to cancel or merge categories if there are insufficient entries (entrants will be notified of any changes) and also to make awards to joint winners at the discretion of the judging panel.
- Independent School Parent reserves the right to alter dates above as necessary.
- Entrants should fill in all sections of the entry form and supply your contact details in full.
- Entrants must upload a school logo to your entry form. Additional images to supplement your nomination are encouraged, but must be supplied as a vector file (EPS/AI) or a high-resolution image (3MB+). Video may also be used to supplement your nomination and a link to an online hosting platform. YouTube, Vimeo, etc should be the methods by which these are submitted.
- If more than one image is uploaded Independent School Parent reserves the right to choose the photo used for marketing purposes.
- Any entry forms not filled in correctly or which are incomplete maybe disqualified at the discretion of the Chair and Vice-Chair of the judges.
*Any British International School which is a member of COBIS or of a constituent association of the Independent Schools Council situated anywhere in the world other than the UK. is eligible to apply for the British International School Award.