Independent Boarding School of the Year – Entry Form
This award is for the boarding school which most clearly demonstrates that it provides boarding students with a vibrant and life-enhancing experience which mirrors the needs of students and their families.
The judges will be looking for stories of success which demonstrate how the collective student boarding experience has been enriched to the benefit of pupils and their school.
The entry should particularly:
- Demonstrate that the school’s boarding provision provides for the needs of its boarders; these should include educational, emotional and societal needs
- Explain how school’s boarding provision prepares boarding students successfully for the next stage in their career
- Flag new initiatives and describe signal successes relevant to the subject of the award
- Demonstrate the impact of the activities described in the entry
- Present a picture of life at the school which communicates a sense of the essential values and energy of the school community.
NB: Whilst the judges will be interested to hear about how a school responded to the COVID-19 pandemic this should not be the central theme of an entry which should focus on the school’s wider educational, pastoral and extracurricular provision as appropriate.