Independent Boys’ School of the Year – Entry Form
This award is for an all-boys’ senior school which offers an outstandingly rich experience for its students. The school can be of any size and cater for any academic level.
The judges will be looking for stories of success which demonstrate how the collective student experience has been enriched to the benefit of pupils and their school.
The entry should particularly:
- Demonstrate how the single sex nature of the school’s educational provision provides for the needs of its students; these should include educational, emotional and societal needs
- Explain how the single sex nature of the education provided prepares students successfully for the next stage in their career
- Flag new initiatives and describe signal successes relevant to the subject of the award
- Demonstrate the impact of the activities described in the entry
- Present a picture of life at the school which communicates a sense of the essential values and energy of the school community.
NB: Whilst the judges will be interested to hear about how a school responded to the COVID-19 pandemic this should not be the central theme of an entry which should focus on the school’s wider educational, pastoral and extracurricular provision as appropriate.