Independent School of the Year for Contribution to Social Mobility – Entry Form
This award is for the school which most impresses the judges by the way in which it has made an inspirational and decisive contribution to upward social mobility within its community in the past year.
The entry should particularly:
- Demonstrate that the school possesses a philosophical recognition of the importance of social mobility to young people
- Demonstrate that the school has made an inspirational contribution to social mobility in the past year, ensuring that young people within the school – or an associated educational setting – can fulfil aspirational choices despite their socio-economic background
- Flag new initiatives and describe signal successes relevant to the subject of the award.
- Demonstrate the impact of the activities described in the entry
- Present a picture of life at the school which communicates a sense of the essential values and energy of the school community.
NB: Whilst the judges will be interested to hear about how a school responded to the COVID-19 pandemic this should not be the central theme of an entry which should focus on the school’s wider educational, pastoral and extracurricular provision as appropriate.