Independent School of the Year for Healthy Eating – Entry Form
This award is for the school which most impresses the judges with an innovative healthy eating programme which has a tangible impact in the school (and perhaps in the wider local community).
The entry should particularly:
- Demonstrate that the school’s approach to securing a healthy diet is underpinned by research and best practice guidance.
- Demonstrate that the school’s healthy eating programme has a clearly defined remit and purpose and provides for the needs of its students
- Flag new initiatives and describe signal successes relevant to the subject of the award.
- Demonstrate the impact of the activities described in the entry
- Present a picture of life at the school which communicates a sense of the essential values and energy of the school community.
NB: Whilst the judges will be interested to hear about how a school responded to the COVID-19 pandemic this should not be the central theme of an entry which should focus on the school’s wider educational, pastoral and extracurricular provision as appropriate.