Independent School of the Year for Student Careers Programme – Entry Form
This award is for the school which most impresses the judges with the way in which it helps its students with on-going advice and support on choosing a career and assists them with finding suitable work experience, including internships, and in preparing for future employment.
The entry should particularly:
- Provide examples of where a particular careers initiative has benefited students.
- Explain how the school’s careers programme prepares students successfully for the next stages in their educational and/or working careers
- Flag new initiatives and describe signal successes relevant to the subject of the award
- Demonstrate the impact of the activities described in the entry (testimonials from parents and/or employers will be well-received)
- Present a picture of life at the school which communicates a sense of the essential values and energy of the school community.
NB: Whilst the judges will be interested to hear about how a school responded to the COVID-19 pandemic this should not be the central theme of an entry which should focus on the school’s wider educational, pastoral and extracurricular provision as appropriate.